Good Citizens Mac & Cheese

A favorite food in my house of seven, with five sons is macaroni and cheese. And funny thing is that I can make  it from scratch with a homemade cheese sauce, but they never like it as well as when I make a boxed variety and mix up the sauce from a powder form or squeeze it out of an envelope in the box. Sometimes I like to switch it up and make macaroni and cheese in a variety of different shapes and try different brands. I remember my kids thinking I was Mom of the Year when I made them SpongeBob mac and cheese.

I recently received some samples from Good Citizens to try and it always feels a little better to take it up a notch from the basic blue boxed mac and cheese. This version was definitely a bit of an upgrade from what they've become accustomed to. 

My package included macaroni and cheese and shells and white cheddar. The pasta is made with organic semolina flour and organic cheddar from grass-fed cows. There's also varieties with whole wheat pasta. The pasta has a traditional bronze die cut to give a course texture and hold sauce better.


A box is six ounces, so it makes about two servings. I have to make a little more to feed my gang since it's one of their favorite meals, but they all gobbled it up. It made a perfect light lunch on a Saturday afternoon.

The Good Citizens name comes from the company's dedication to using local ingredients, recruiting employees from underrepresented communities and working to make a positive impact in the community. You'll find Good Citizens at Whole Foods nationwide.

**I received product for the purpose of a review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.







Comments