Don Quijote

My sister-in-law recently celebrated her birthday and when she has a birthday I usually take her out to lunch or dinner to celebrate. Often we go to a Mexican place because that's her favorite ethnic food. But this year, I suggested a Spanish place I have been wanting to try for years that is in Valparaiso. She was eager to try it out to, so we drove out to downtown Valpo. There's such a great food scene there and I've been to several restaurants in the area, but there are so many more that I want to dine at. I was excited to get to cross this one off the list.


As we looked over the menu, I asked if she wanted to order several tapas items to share so we could try a number of different things. She agreed and we ordered quite a spread. Shrimp, chicken and pork dishes with saffron rice, roasted cauliflower and queso manchego. Our meal was quite delicious and the place was adorable. One of those spots where you're transported to a different world when you step inside. We also finished with a custard dessert that was amazing. We chatted with the two owners, both from Spain, who are very passionate about the authentic cuisine served there and giving wonderful customer service. I can't wait to return and try more on their lengthy menu.

Don Quijote 
119 Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN
219-462-7976















Comments