Pizza for Pi Day from Beggar’s

So, it was Pi Day a couple weeks ago. And everyone was posting about sweet pies. But my taste buds were in the mood for a more savory pie - a big thin-crust pizza pie, to be exact. I was inching through rush hour traffic taking the kids to the dentist and didn't want to have to cook when we finally arrived home. So, I decided to order pizza from our local Beggar's Pizza location and pick it up on the way back. I hadn't had their pizza in couple months and was really craving a few slices of their cheese and sausage pizza. 

Although it originated in the south suburbs, Beggar's Pizza has expanded to quite a few locations and can also be found at some of the Chicago sporting events, so a lot of Chicagoans and suburbanites all around Chicagoland have tried it. It is definitely one of my favorites. I love the thick gobs of cheese and the perfectly seasoned sausage.


I joined their rewards club a while ago and was excited when I placed the order and they told me I was eligible for a free order of nachos. I'd never had their nachos before. It was quite a big serving. Four of us shared it and barely made a dent. Next time I go in to dine, this will be the perfect appetizer to order for my growing boys (yeah, I have four teenage boys in my house - ages 14, 15, 16 and 19 - and they eat a TON!)

Hope everyone had a good pie day and enjoyed their "pie" as much as I did.







Comments