Most Viewed 2019 Posts

2019 was a delicious year. Here's a round-up of the most viewed entries that were posted this past year. Take a peek and pay them a visit - I'm sure you'll find them as wonderful as we did.


1) Vito and Nick's

This classic pizza spot on the southwest side of Chicago has had a longtime reputation of being one of the city's best. I was so glad to finally get there and give it a try.




If you drove by this restaurant located in a little house in Gary's Miller Beach area, you might not think it was anything special - but you'd be making a big mistake if you drove right by and didn't stop. This place instantly became one of my favorite eateries ever and definitely in my top five in the state of Indiana. It's just steps away from the South Shore train station in Miller and so worth the visit.





The pork tenderloin is the unofficial signature sandwich of the Hoosier State. You'll find them at a large number of eateries and this Indiana Foodways Trail, let's you know where you'll find some of the best in the state. 




This lovely upscale Mexican spot unfortunately closed before year's end, but they served up some great margaritas and southwest specialties. I loved their avocado fries and tamales.




5. Abbott's Candies

Besides doing this food blog, I also do a travel blog and have been doing travel writing for 20 years. When on the road, I love visiting nostalgic eateries and making other food-related stops. This vintage candy shop was so cute and quaint.



6. Lindy's Chili and Gertie's Ice Cream

This was one of my favorite stops this past year. I visited it the same day I went to Vito & Nick's for the first time. It's another throwback place with a fun history and delish classic food.




7. Georgio's

This Crystal Lake pizzeria serves up some awesome pies that rival the big names in the city. Both the deep dish and thin crust put them up there in the list of top pizza spots in Chicagoland. They serve amazing desserts, too. Best. Carrot Cake. Ever.




8. Grand River Brewing

While on a little trip to Battle Creek, Michigan, we stumbled up the adorable town of Marshall and visited a couple craft breweries while we were there. Grand River is housed in a historic downtown building that has been beautifully renovated and there's an extensive menu of impressive appetizers, entrees and more.



9. Blaum Bros. Distilling Co.

On a trip to Galena, Illinois, we made a stop for a tour and cocktails at the Blaum Bros. Distilling Co. It was a fun afternoon that we worked into our visit at this successful distillery in this lovely area in western Illinois.



10. Catello's Mozzarella Bar

A lot of these most viewed posts are ones that I visited while on the road. Catello's was a little side trip when I was visiting Indianapolis and if you're traveling anywhere near Indy, it's definitely worth the detour to enjoy dinner at this amazing place. One of my top faves in Indiana.


1
1. Vai's

This Naperville spot became a quick favorite of foodie sister Becky and I loved it as well. She lives not far from it and is a regular - and I think she's aiming at trying everything on the menu. It's a lovely spot for a special occasion, casual gathering with friends or just when you're in the mood for some amazing pasta.




12. Mike's Donuts and Chicken

I was so sad to hear that this place closed recently. It was a favorite of the eateries I've been to in Kenosha, Wisconsin where you could pick up a dozen doughnuts, enjoy a hearty chicken sandwich or chili with a cocktail - like the sugary and irresistible Jelly Donut Martini.



13. Dolo

I enjoyed a stop at this Chinatown eatery for Dim Sum on a friend's recommendation and fell in love with the food. It's a few steps off where I have eaten in the past and I don't think I ever would have found it if she hadn't suggested it. I think it will be my go-to from now on when I am seeking out a place for lunch in Chinatown.





One of my favorite things we did this past year was a fishing excursion on Lake Michigan that ended with our meal being cooked up at a lakeside pub just minutes after stepping off the boat. You can't get any fresher than that. It was such a fun experience and they cooked up the fish perfectly - three ways.




15. Night Train Pizza

This was a cute little place we came upon while on a trip to Nashville. Good pizza, cute decor, friendly people. Loved it.






Comments