Peppers and eggs plus

My friend Toni and I used to have breakfast occasionally at a place called Aunt Sally's in Calumet City. She usually ordered the same thing - Peppers and Eggs. It was scrambled eggs with green peppers mixed in and some cheese. And a lot of times I would order something different and then look at her plate wishing I'd ordered the same.

I recently got that peppers and eggs plate stuck in my head and decided to make some from brunch. Only I added a little more than peppers.

7 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 shallot, finely diced
About a cup of fresh spinach
1 tsp. minced garlic
freshly ground black pepper
3 slices provolone cheese

Crack eggs into bowl and beat. Add milk and let sit.

Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and heat. Add vegetables. Sautee until spinach is wilted and other veggies are soft. Add minced garlic (I use minced garlic in the jar that I buy from Aldi) and pepper. Stir and let cook for a couple more minutes.

Add eggs and stir occasionally until cooked through. Add provolone slices on top and cover. Once cheese has melted, serve with toast and a side of bacon.

I also like to grind some Trader Joe's Every Day Seasoning over the top.




Comments