Sandwiches at Foodies in Dyer, IN

I'm the mom of five boys who I love dearly, but I do love spending time with little girls from time to time. I have several nieces, but most of them are all grown up. My sis does have two girls who are 8 and 7, but since they live about 2 1/2 hours away, I don't get to hang out with them very often. 

One little friend that I do get to hang out with once in a while is my Gianna, who is 3. As you can see in the pics below, she's quite a character. Sometimes when her mommy, Christa, and I get together for lunch, Gianna joins us and I just love her to pieces. She enjoyed her grown up grilled cheese and her pickle on our recent lunch date. 

We had planned on meeting for lunch at Venice Steakhouse in Dyer where we have gone before for their awesome lunchtime buffet. I was so bummed when I got there and found it closed. I have to call and follow up, but I'm guessing they have just stopped serving at lunch time. There was never a crowd when we were there for lunch. So, we ended up a block away at Foodie's Market Cafe, which is one of the best places in the area to stop for a sandwich and soup.


It's a family friendly place and got Gianna's seal of approval. Christa and I enjoyed our lunch, too. I resisted the urge to get a Reuben simply because that's what I almost always get when I go there. I can't help it though - it's really, really, really good. But, instead I got a lunch combo of a half sandwich and a cup of soup. I got the steak and ale soup, which I had tried before and loved. I tried out the Farmer's Market Panini, which was fabulous and loaded with grilled veggies with turkey.

Cannot recall the name of the sandwich Christa got, but sure looks good. 

We finished off with a little shopping in the gourmet area, which has selections of microbrews, kitchen accessories, sauces and more.


Foodies Marketcafe
151 Joliet Street
Dyer, IN
219-864-3030
www.foodiesmarketcafe.com

Comments