Pretzel buns are the bomb

I don't think I've ever seen my teenager as disappointed as when we went to Wendy's to get his favorite bacon double cheeseburger on a pretzel bun and he found out that it was discontinued. I know he wasn't alone because since then I've seen quite a few tweets to Wendy's from customers missing those pretzel buns.

Why they took it off the menu is quite a mystery to me as pretzel buns are one of those trendy items that is showing up on menus all over the place. And when that same teen and I were shopping at Aldi last week you should have seen his eyes light up when he noticed that they carried pretzel buns. He grabbed a pack and asked if we could have burgers for dinner on pretzel buns. And we did. And that smile on his face was way bigger than the frown I saw on that visit to the Wendy's drive thru the day he found out there were no more pretzel burger


Comments