Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup

This is a tasty soup that is super easy because you throw everything in the crock pot and about four hours later


5 cups chicken broth
8 oz. cream cheese
1 can seasoned, diced tomatoes
3 roma tomatoes (diced)
(You can use two cans - I only had one on hand so I subbed with some fresh - or go with all fresh and use 5 or 6 roma tomatoes)
1 can sliced carrots (or 3 large sliced fresh carrots)
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. minced onion
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup spinach
1 cup diced, cooked chicken (I keep this in my freezer at all times ready to go for soups)
1 pound cheese tortellini (you can use frozen or fresh. I used a refrigerated tortellini from Trader Joe's.)

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
OR
I had refrigerated tortellini and didn't want it to get too soft, so I added everything except tortellini and then stopped after two hours and added it on top. Then cooked for two hour hours. It came out perfectly.

I would stir at least once during cooking to break up creamed cheese. I served mine with a grilled Provolone and Munster on cracked wheat bread. Very tasty!

Comments