Farm Boy Skillet

A new breakfast joint opened up in town this month and I couldn't wait to try it out. Well, I can't call it strictly a breakfast place. They are open for lunch and dinner, too, with a pretty large menu. However, it's called Loubie's Pancake House, so I associate it with breakfast.

Hubby and I went in recently after the kids were dropped off at school. I'm not much of a pancake person or a waffle person or a French toast person. I like all three, but I don't like to eat sweet stuff first thing in the morning. I prefer something hearty. So, I glanced through the egg items once I opened the menu. I thought about an omelet, but the skillets sounded so good. The one I chose was called the Farm Boy Skillet. It had sauteed peppers, onions and tomatoes with potatoes, cheese and eggs. I requested scrambled on top. And although I love all those things together, I'm always wanting a little meat in it. I decided to go with this one because it had bacon. I didn't expect there to be much, but it was LOADED with crispy bacon...definitely exceeded my expectations. It also came with toast. It was one of the best skillet meals I've had. And it's definitely one of those meals where I feel very satisfied eating just half of it and then bringing home the other half for lunch later. Looking forward to another visit soon to give something else a try.






Comments

  1. I absolutely love breakfast food and that farm boy skillet looks awesome! Yummmyyyy :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment