Morton's The Steakhouse in Rosemont has a new look

I was excited when I was contacted with an invite to a preview party for the remodel at Morton's Steakhouse in Rosemont because I have never been there, but have heard nothing but great things about it. Not only are their six Chicago area locations, including the original State Street restaurant, but they have now spread all over the country and have 8 international locations.

After sampling some bites at the event on Thursday, I totally see what all the fuss is about. The food and service was phenomenal and although I don't have the advantage of having seen the "before," the "after" of the remodeling project is beautiful. Our event was help in a private downstairs dining room that was sleek and stylish with mirrored marble inset buffets and flat screen TVs.

Once we got it in, my husband and I found a cocktail so I'd have a spot to set down my camera. A few minutes later a couple walked by and asked if they could join us at the table. You know how sometimes you meet someone and just instantly hit it off? Well, that's what happened.

Our dining mates for the evening were JoAnn Rouche of Chicago and her husband. When I told her I hadn't been to Morton's before, she filled me in on her favorites. She said they first visited Morton's on their 1st wedding anniversary 34 years ago and they've been going there ever since. She said they dine there about once a month.

She recommended the caesar salad, the chocolate soufflé, filet with béarnaise sauce and sautéed brussels sprouts with bacon. She also raved about the bread.

We spent the evening sampling different items and chatting. She's a preschool aide for 3 to 5 year olds (what an awesome job!) and has four kids. Her husband happens to be retired from the Chicago Fire Department, so he and my husband, who is a firefighter/paramedic had a lot to talk about. I really fell in love with JoAnn and a couple hours later, we were hugging as we parted and exchanging contact information. So, it was great to make a new friend.

Now let's get back to the food. We tried out a wonderful bruchetta bite, jumbo shrimp cocktail, some ahi tuna with avocado and pico de gallo on wonton crisps, lamb chops, proscuitto wrapped mozzarella with balsamic glaze, short rib sliders, beef medallions, crab cakes and key lime pie and cheesecake for dessert. I sampled everything except for the crab cakes. I somehow missed those on my rounds. Also tried out the mango vodka with pineapple and a cosmo. Every bite - and sip - was exquisite! Scroll down for some visuals


Morton's The Steakhouse
9525 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, IL
847-678-5155
www.mortons.com











Comments