Grindhouse Cafe: Whiting, IN

For a long time I have loved Grindhouse Cafe in Griffith, Indiana. I’m not a coffee drinker, but I love tea and it’s a cool, cozy place to sip on a cup of tea and have a sandwich. Almost every time I’ve gone there, I’ve gotten the same sandwich - the Turkey Dolo. 

They later opened a new location in downtown Whiting in a cute old brick building on Whiting’s Main Street. I stop there almost every time I’m in Whiting and this time I decided to try something new. I got The Salad. That’s what it’s called “The Salad.” It’s the only one on the menu and it’s just the kind of salad I love. It had mixed greens, cranberries, pecans, goat cheese and pears with nasals mix vinaigrette. Sometimes there’s comfort in the familiar, but it’s good to try something new once in a while. I got an unsweetened peach iced tea to go with it and it was a perfect light meal to have before a drive down the street to Whiting Lakefront Park, which is one of my top 3 happy places. I love the views of Lake Michigan and the city of Chicago from there. It's also next to Whihala Beach, so if you want to play in the sand, you can do that there, as well.








Comments