Royale With Cheese

So, maybe I think about food a little too much. I have a very long foodie bucket list that lives on my computer and I add to it every time someone tells me about a good place or I see that a new restaurant opened or I drive by an interesting place I haven’t tried before.

One that has been on my list since they opened around 2017 is Royale with Cheese in Michigan City. Of course, it brings to mind thoughts of that infamous scene in Pulp Fiction where Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta share some “tasty burgers” after Travolta’s character offers a bit of random trivia ~ that in France a Quarter Pounder with Cheese is called a “Royale with Cheese.”

As I was hoping, there is a nod to the movie with an image of Jackson on some of the merch. But…I was there for the food, specifically the burger. I’d heard the burgers were amazing and I was excited to try one out for myself.


The burger did live up to the hype. I got the Royale with Cheese, a classic burger with American cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato and their secret sauce on brioche. I also decided to add bacon and definitely recommend it - it was thick-sliced and crispy, just the way I like it.





Instead of fries, I decided to get a side of the street corn. Anyone who knows me, knows that I just can’t pass up elotes. This was delish - definitely not skimpy on the cheese and was a very large serving. Hubby and I split it and still had a lot leftover.


We decided to split a burger and then get a salad to split. The  Chicken Balsam Salad was quite a tasty salad - with a generous serving of grilled chicken breast on mixed greens with dried cranberries, feta and balsamic dressing.



The place has a cool vibe and there’s patio seating in the back if you want to eat outdoors. You’re also super close to Lake Michigan and Washington Park isn’t far if you want to hang on the beach (just be prepared for $15 parking).

If you’re a burger aficionado, this is a place you’ll definitely want to check out. There are a few specialty burgers on the menu and a burger of the week. You can also customize your burger to your liking. View the full menu at https://royalemc.shopsettings.com/.

 

Comments