Uptown Cafe: Valpraiso, IN

While running some errands in Valparaiso, I started thinking about where we could stop for a quick breakfast. I ended up at a spot I've been to a couple times before, but not for several years. It's a cute, trendy little coffee shop with a laid back vibe. It sits on the edge of the campus of Valparaiso University, so there's often a few college kids there with laptops, but also a mix of ages. There are a groupings of tables, but also some comfy chairs and a cozy sofa to chill in. I love the vibe. It's clean and bright and bustling and full of friendly faces.



There's a case of lovely-looking pastries, including one of my favorite - scones. We tried a small order of biscuits and gravy. It was good, but spicy. I also tried the breakfast sandwich. It's sausage and scrambled egg with mushroom, caramelized onion and cheese on an English muffin. I opted to add avocado on it (in my opinion, it's like bacon and makes everything better.) They serve breakfast and lunch, so if you're there a little later in the day you can choose from some sandwiches, salads and soup. And of course, there's a nice beverage menu, too.


Uptown Cafe
1400 East Linconway
Valparaiso, IN
219-299-2742

 

Comments