Smoked sausage and potato bake

If you're looking for an easy one-dish meal with a good mix of meat and veggies, this is perfect. A little chopping and a little time in the oven and you have a hearty, satisfying dish.


I lined my pan with foil to prevent sticking. 

1 pkg. Eckrich skinless smoked sausage, sliced
8 Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
1 green pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. olive oil

Add sausage, potatoes, peppers to pan. Slice butter into small cubes and place on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle seasonings on top.  Cover and bake for 40 - 50 minutes at 375 degrees. 

There are so many additions you could use with this. You can experiment with the veggies. I'm sure carrots, zucchini, broccoli would all work well. You could always add a little cheese toward the end of baking time and let it melt on top. I'm really not a big fan of smoked sausage, but liked it in this dish. You could always switch it out with Italian sausage, chicken or ham.

Comments

  1. Though we love sausage when we go out, I have never tried to make it at home. It always seems a little intimidating as I have no idea how to cook it. But I think I can handle this ~ casserole style is for me! Thanks so much for the inspiration. Please consider this view #3 for the T-fal giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one's already a favorite. Mmm good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the t-fall giveaway? I have this in the oven right now :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds good! Will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made this twice for my family and served over rice. I added asparagus, carrots and mushrooms and my family LOVES it! Other than the prep work, this recipe is easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try cabbage and carrots,omit green peppers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment