It's Graham Cracker Day -- perfect time to make chocolate eclair cake


So, this morning I noticed that it was National Graham Cracker Day, so I thought it only fitting that I share one of my favorite recipes that includes graham crackers. I've posted it before and it has been one of my most popular posts. It's a perfect dessert to make on a day like today when it is supposed to hit 103 degrees in Chicago! It's Chocolate Eclair Cake!
I got this recipe from Mr. Food. Ever watch him? He's fantastic...and so passionate about food. I had the opportunity to interview him by phone once and he was just as entertaining and lively as he is on TV.
So, here's what you need:
1 box honey graham crackers
2 boxes french vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 12-ounce container Cool Whip
1 16-ounce can prepared frosting



Line bottom of 9 X 13 pan with one pack of the graham crackers. In large bowl, whisk together milk, pudding mix and Cool Whip until it thickens. Spread half over graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers. Spread other half of milk/pudding mix on top. Add one more layer of crackers. 

Remove lid and foil covering from frosting. Place lid back on top and microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Stir frosting and pour over top of cake. Spread with knife to cover entire cake. Put in refrigerator, preferably over night, but at least 4 hours.

Comments

  1. This looks fantastic!! I can't wait to try it!! Hi! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846
    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment