Blueberrry dump cake

After returning from our blueberry picking adventure this year, I opened a brochure I'd picked up at the U-pick farm with some recipes. One was for a blueberry dump cake.

2 cups blueberries (sweetened to taste)
1 small can crushed pineapple (with 1/2 of juice)
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 1/2 stick butter melted



Put berries in a greased baking pan and cover with pineapple. Pour on dry cake mix and scatter pecans on top. Drip melted butter over top. Bake about an hour at 350 degrees.

I didn't have any yellow cake in my cabinet other than a 4th of July one that had bits of red and blue sprinkles in it. LOL! So, that's what I used. Look closely and you'll see them. Turned out just fine, though. It's hard to call this a cake. It's really more like a cobbler that you have to scoop out of the pan rather than slice, but it is sooooo good, especially if it's still warm and you add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Just sayin'.

Comments