3rd place burger winner: Cheese-A-Palooza Stuffed Burger

Somehow I never posted this on the blog, so I figured I would do it now! Back in May I entered a burger contest posted on a blog for Wildfire Restaurants. It was a cheesy concoction that I called "Cheese-A-Palooza Stuffed Burger." I was excited to get an e-mail a couple weeks later letting me know that I'd won 3rd place! You can read about the contest and see what the other winning entries were here:
http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/chefs-corner/winner-winner-wildfire-dinner

And here's my recipe:


Cheese-A-Palooza Stuffed Burger
1 pound Black Angus ground beef
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. water
Combine in bowl. Form into four patties. Press small circle into middle of each patty to leave room for stuffing.
In separate bowl, combine:
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
4 oz. sliced mushrooms (sautéed in butter)
Scoop stuffing to middle of each patty. Press two patties together with stuffing in middle and smooth edges. Place in skillet and cook until brown throughout. Just before removing from pan, top with:
One slice Swiss cheese
Two thin slices of peppered beefsteak tomato
One slice gouda cheese.
½ tsp. dill.
On a toasted pretzel roll, place:
One slice aged white cheddar
5 to 6 spinach leaves
1 tsp. crumbled bleu cheese
Place warm burger on bottom bun. Top with other half of pretzel roll and serve. Makes 2.

Comments