Sandwich time at Foodie's MarketCafe

I've posted a couple times already on this place, but it is one of my favorite local spots to get a sandwich and shop for some fun foodie items. My husband I were out doing some shopping recently. My husband was turning into a diva and I knew it was time to eat - STAT! He said he was in the mood for a Dagwood (for the youngsters who have no clue what that is, it's a really big sandwich. Go Google "Blondie and Dagwood Bumstead." So, I steered him over to Foodie's MarketCafe in Dyer, IN.

He left me to do the ordering. I ordered this one for him. Can't remember what it's called, but it had roast beef and ham, cheddar, lettuce and tomato. Very tasty! There was also some pasta salad that made a refreshing side.


As much as I wanted to try something new, I knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't get the Reuben  I've had it several times there and it is wonderful. So wonderful that I can't bear to order anything else. I usually get chips or pasta salad with it, but one of the options that day was apple salad. I wondered if it might taste like Mom's Waldorf Salad. It was pretty close.



And here's some close up action:


Next time you're hankering for a good sandwich, stop by Foodie's MarketCafe for one! They're at the northwest corner of Route 30 and Hart Street in Dyer. There's also a little store with lots of gourmet goodies. Stop in and tell them that the Chicago Foodie Sisters sent you!

Comments