LongHorn Steakhouse, Merrillville, IN

I do freelance work for a regional newspaper and I recently got together for a lunch meeting with some of the other writers. I love that our meetings are always at restaurants!

It was my first time at LongHorn Steakhouse in Merrillville, where they had some great lunch combos on the menu. I got a half sandwich and salad combo. I got a mixed green salad and a half  roasted sirloin sandwich. The sandwich was fantastic on some thick, crusty bread. There was also a little side of chips with a delicious cheese sauce. My only complaint was that I wanted that serving of chips and sauce to bigger. It. Was. Awesome!



One of my colleagues got the salad and soup combo - french onion soup with the grilled chicken and strawberry salad. Looked wonderful. I had a little diner's remorse when I saw her plate.


 I wish I could recall what this one was, but I really can't. Sure looks good, though. :)

The Merrillville location is on Route 30, just off of I-65, so it's easily accessible if you're traveling I-65. I would definitely recommend it for a nice lunch and I look forward to returning sometime for dinner.

Comments