Stuffed Cheese-A-Palooza burgers


Back in the spring I entered a recipe for Wildfire Restaurant's Burger Contest. I was so excited to win 3rd place - and a $50 gift card, which I've yet to use. I think it's time for a date night! Anyway, here's the post on Wildfire's website - http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/chefs-corner/winner-winner-wildfire-dinner.

We had a few unseasonably warm days in early December and just had to fire up the grill and have what I knew would be my last taste of homemade grilled burger for a while. I had hubby pick up some ground beef and I made up some stuffed burgers similar to the ones in that recipe that won 3rd place. :)

2 pounds ground beef
1 small can mushrooms (even better if you use fresh and saute them in butter)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
A1 sauce
Light Havarti Dofino cheese slices
Freshly ground black pepper
Finely ground sea salt
8 toasted buns

Form into 16 small patties. Press a round indentation in each patty. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In half of the patties, insert the Parmesan cheese and mushrooms and add a splash of A1 on top.


On the other half, insert some mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.


Press two patties together and press around edges so that none of the stuffing is falling out. Flatten as much as you can. Place on the grill until cooked throughout.


Just before removing from grill, add a slice of Havarti on each burger. And if you really like mushrooms, add a few more on top. I didn't add much else to this one, just a little bit of mayo and more freshly ground pepper. And these are even better after they sit in the fridge for a day or two. In fact, I made some yummy burgers with the leftovers. I'll show you in an upcoming post.




Comments