What would you do for a Krispy Kreme?

I remember several years ago when a Krispy Kreme opened maybe 20 minutes from my home. I had tried the glazed variety a couple times when I bought them from fundraisers. I was excited to discover that there were a variety of flavors. The chocolate glazed are quite amazing.

A few years back when I was vice president of the Moms Club and would set up field trips for our group to go on, I set up a trip to the closest Krispy Kreme in Schererville for a tour. It was a fun time. They actually took our group through the back where there were doughnuts everywhere...running down lines, being doused with glaze, spread on cooling racks. At the end, everyone got a warm doughnut right out of the ovens. I miss that place! It's been gone a few years now, but I was recently out in the Midlothian area helping an elderly friend run her errands and we drove past Krispy Kreme. I couldn't resist. I had to make a stop! One for me and a dozen for the kids. :)

Comments

  1. We live over 300 miles from the closest one, but on a long field trip with a high school choir, we got to stop and explore one. I love the donuts and am a new follower from the finding friend blog hop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment