Bonefish Grill in Orland Park, IL

As I am wading through photos taken during 2013 as we move on to a new year, I am reminded of all the wonderful meals I had at some of my favorite places - Meyer's Castle, Geno's Steakhouse, Seasons 52, Wildfire, Labriola Cafe, Foodie's Market Cafe, Venice Steakhouse, Roka Akor, J.J. Kelley's, Artisan Table and more.

I was also introduced to Bonefish Grill this fall as a new location opened in suburban Orland Park, the fourth Illinois location. I love seafood and was excited to see what this brand had to offer. It has grown rapidly since it debuted 13 years ago in Florida to now have 188 restaurants in 32 states. Bonefish Grill also offers hand-crafted cocktails and 30 wines by the glass.

We visited not longer after the opening for a press event where we had the chance to sample a variety of appetizers, entrees, sides and dessert, staring with Wagyu Beef and Ginger Dumplings, Bang Bang Shrimp, Mussels Josephine, Ahin Tuna Sashimi and bread with olive oil and herbs along side an apple martini.

The salads were fresh and fabulous, especially the Ceasar with the in-house dressing and home made croutons. As for the entrees, we got a taste of the Chilean Sea Bass, Swordfish, Salmon and Grouper with a sampling of their awesome sauces, which by the way, you can find recipes for on their website. I think my favorite was the Pan Asian sauce, paired perfectly with the grouper. With each of the cooked-to-perfection grilled entrees, you don't feel like you're overdoing it and the sauce additions pack so much flavor.

If you're not a seafood lover, no need to fret. There's an adequate selection of dishes for carnivores. I got a chance to try the Lily's Chicken (which combined by most favorite flavors - goat cheese, sautéed spinach artichoke hearts with a lemon basil sauce), Pork Chop and the Filet Mignon, which totally melts in your mouth. The side of steamed vegetables was divine and we also tried out the Jasmine Rice, Potatoes Au Gratin, Garlic Whipped Potatoes and Ratatouille, just part of a long list of wonderful side options, each one better than the next. The variety makes it a completely inviting eatery with something to satisfy the most discerning of tastes.

I somehow managed to try a bite of each of the desserts that were brought out - a seasonal Creme Brûlée, Key Lime Pie and Macadamia Nut Brownie. Trust me when I say to save room for dessert and even if you can't possibly eat another bite, order one to go. It would be such a misfortune to not finish off a meal with something that wonderful.

There was absolutely nothing we tried that I would not order on my next visit. Every bite was sheer paradise, seriously. The flavors transport you to a tropical place that you never want to leave. I will soon be back and encourage you to give it a try.

Bonefish Grill
15537 South La Grange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462
708-873-5170
www.bonefishgrill.com
















Comments

  1. I've heard great things about Bonefish Grill and I am definitely jealous of you right now. Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment