The Classic BLT

Is there anything better than a good old Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich? Here's a run down on the sandwich in it's most basic form:

Two slices white toast
Four slices cooked bacon (or if you really love bacon a couple slices more)
Iceberg Lettue
Beefsteak tomato
Hellman's mayonaise


Now, just a few notes on some variations that I like to throw in from time to time:

The Olive Oil Hellman's is magnificent

When hubby makes them, he fries up thick sliced pepper bacon, but I hate the mess and usually make mine in the microwave

Once in a while I'll add a slice of cheddar cheese

I love to use whole grain bread in favor of white

Red leaf lettuce is awesome on a BLT

Kumato brown tomatoes are great on a BLT

Comments

  1. I haven't had a good BLT in forever! This has definitely inspired me to make some, thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment