Cooper’s Hawk Wine Pairing Throwback Dinner


Disclosure: Dinner was provided by Cooper’s Hawk. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

I was excited to have the opportunity to attend dinner this past week at the original Orland Park location of Cooper’s Hawk where they celebrated their 14th anniversary with a wine pairing dinner and featured some of the original dishes that are no longer on the menu, along with some current favorites.

Cooper's Hawk is one of my favorite places to enjoy dinner. The vibe is so laid back, the wine is delicious (no matter what variety it is), the food always amazes me, the staff if so knowledgeable and friendly. I have some definite favorites on the menu, but am always excited to have a chance to try something new. 

The menu for this throwback dinner included several items I hadn't tried before. Each menu item was paired with a wine - 8 in all, in addition to a sample of the John Legends collaboration, which is the wine of the month for wine club members in October.


It's always a treat to attend one of these special events, not only because of the food and wine, but because you get to learn so much from their team. Each course was presented by Chef Matt McMillin, the Vice President of Culinary and Beverage Innovation, and the wines were introduced by Master Sommelier Emily Wines.


McMillan has been with Cooper's Hawk for many years and I love to hear about the background of each dish from him, how they come up with different menu items and how they work to provide a wonderful dining experience for everyone who visits one of their restaurants.


And Emily Wines, well she's just the sweetest, most down-to-earth bad ass woman I think I've ever met. I was so excited to learn that she now has her own wine line, Camille, that was introduced earlier this year and a second variety will debut in the spring of 2020.


If it's been a while since you've been to a Cooper's Hawk location, you'll want to pay the Orland Park location a visit. It's been spruced up and remodeled in celebration of its 14th year. 

And if you've never been, it's a place I'd highly recommend for lunch or dinner. The menu ranges from casual to elegant and there's something for everyone. I'd also recommend going in for a wine tasting either in conjunction with your dinner or even just to stop in for some sips and do some browsing in the gift shop. Find out more about one of my favorite chains at chwinery.com.







Comments