Riverside Chocolate Factory

Last year I was part of a fabulous media trip to McHenry County, Illinois.  I toured several places during our three-day trip, including three chocolate shops. One was Riverside Chocolate Factory and it was the only place on our itinerary that I had been to before. It was always a fun, recognizable building that signaled that we were getting close to our destination.


Although it isn't too far from home, I haven't spent much time in that area. I've lived my whole life in the south suburbs and my time in that neck of the woods was limited to ocassions that I stopped to visit my sister-in-law - once when she lived in Crystal Lake before she got married and several times for holidays and birthday parties when she lived in McHenry with her family. It's been probably 8 or 9 years since they moved out of state, so I hadn't been there in quite a while, but there were two places I remembered visiting on our trips to McHenry. One was the Volo Auto Museum and the other was Riverside Chocolate Factory.



Each time we stopped, there were two items that we had to get - the chocolate covered bananas and the chocolate dipped strawberries. Those strawberries are still hand-dipped every day with high-quality ingredients and well worth going out of your way for. They are such an indulgent treat. They carry plenty of other goodies to enjoy when you visit, but those are just two of my favorites. Among the other treats are toffee, chocolate-covered OREOs, pecan bear claws, sea salt caramels, turtles, fudge cups, fudge and more.



I was so glad to be able to be part of that trip and discover how many fun and interesting things there are to do in this northern Illinois county - and so many of them involve food. And I loved stopping back at this place that carried such good memories.


2102 W. Route 120
McHenry, IL
815-344-6040


Comments