A dinner of thanks

Last month, I got to attend one of my favorite events of the year. I'm the secretary of a club called the Lansing Junior Woman's Club. It's part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs and a community service organization. One project we started four years ago was holding a veteran appreciation dinner. It's a fun night for vets to gather with their guests for a complimentary dinner. There's also free dessert and raffles and entertainment. And lots of smiles and thank yous and handshakes. This year's event was even more wonderful that the last. Each year our dinner grows. It started with 60 attendees the first year and this year had more than 250. I'm so happy to be able to be part of it. Here's a few photos from the event.

















Here's me and my dad, a veteran of the U.S. Army.

And here's our club:




Comments