Froehlich's Strawberry Rhubarb Jam

Rhubarb reminds me of two things.

1) The rhubarb pies my mom would make after we picked rhubarb from the back yard.
2) My sweet next door neighbor, Delma, who used to also pick rhubarb out of her back yard and make strawberry rhubarb bars.

I, myself, have never ever made anything with rhubarb. But just the mention of it brings back fond memories. So, when I was in Froehlich's in Three Oaks, Michigan recently and I saw strawberry rhubarb jam on the shelf, I knew I had to try it out.

I tried it out with some 12-grain toast and it was fantastic...very sweet, so a little bit goes a long way. For example, the amount pictured was way too much. You just need a little smear and it is plenty. I've heard that Froehlich's is known for having outstanding jellies and I was told recently that the jellies and jam can be found at the farmer's market in Chesterton. I know that if I come across them, I will definitely be buying another jar.



Comments