Guest post from Germany - Zucchini and Feta Muffins

Today we have a guest post all the way from Germany. Germany holds a special place in my heart as the birthplace of my father-in-law who passed away last week. Kathrin is sharing a zucchini and feta muffin recipe. Thanks to Kathrin for sharing!



Hey there readers of the Chicago Foodie Sisters Blog!
I am Kathrin, a 26 year old german girl that loves cooking, baking and taking pictures of all of it :) On my blog Ginger, Lemon & Spice (http://gingerlemonandspice.com) I write about things I liked that came out of my kitchen from all over the world! I like experimenting and travelling to different countries a lot. As I am very passionate it is not rare that I loose my heart to those places and people and indulge in memories at home and try to recreate the dishes I have eaten. Also it is important to me to get more and more people back 'to the roots' and to encourage them to cook and bake by their own and show that this is not as difficult to manage as they (maybe) thought! 
Most of the time it makes almost no difference on how long it takes to prepare a processed meal in comparison to one self cooked. But the feeling of having done it on ones own and the great taste will be fulfilling :) And that's a great feeling!!
The recipe I have for you today is one for Zucchini & Feta Muffins. They are savory muffins filled with zucchini, corn, feta & walnuts and taste amazing! They are quick and easy to prepare and they are great to take with you as a snack to school, work or wherever you need to go. Try them yourselves!



Zucchini & Feta Muffins

Ingredients:
2 eggs
80ml (1/3 cup) oil (rapeseed or sunflower)
300ml (1 1/4 cup) buttermilk
300g (2 1/2 cups) flour (I used half white/whole wheat)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
100g corn* (canned or frozen)
100g zucchini*, finely grated
100g chopped walnuts*
150g feta* in small cubes

* I am sorry I can't tell how much of those ingredients you need in cups. Corn, walnuts and feta it is approximately 1 big handful of each and zucchini about 3/4 of a smaller one.

Directions:
1. Grease a muffin tin and put in muffin paper cups if you want. Preheat oven to 180°C (350 °F).
2. In a bowl mix eggs, oil and buttermilk well. Add flour, salt and baking powder on top and distribute the dry ingredients a little with a spoon. Then mix wet and dry ingredients slowly until just incorporated. 
3. Add corn, zucchini and walnuts. Then fold in feta carefully with a tablespoon.
4. You can use the spoon now to transfer the batter into the muffin cups! You can make the cups pretty full, at least in my case the muffins just rose but did not spill and sank back when cooling!
5. Back the muffins for 25-30 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer! 
Enjoy!! :)

Kathrin















Comments

  1. Thank you so much for having me!! It was fun doing this guest post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment