Produce Depot's new St. John location

Produce Depot opened in Dyer in 2009. It's not really far from my home, but I don't head that direction on a regular basis, so I've only been in the store a handful of times. However, I was in love the first time I stepped inside. There's a walk in cooler full of fresh herbs and greens. And bin after bin of fresh produce, much of it organic.

In March a new location opened in St. John and I popped in to check it out. It's at least double the size of the original location with all the same quality fruits and veggies and more. There's an even bigger walk-in cooler, a coffee counter and a sandwich counter. Upstairs, I was able to get a tour of the bakery since I was there to scope things out for a Foods story I was writing for a local newspaper. Wow...what a set-up...and they're busy all day long baking breads and muffins and potato salad and cole slaw and soup. All of the sandwiches served at the counter use the bread made there onsite every day.

This one is even further from me than the Dyer location, so I probably won't make it there too often (it's about a half-hour away), but...it happens to be just down the street from our pediatrician's office, so when the kids go to the doctor for check-ups, we'll have to stop in for apples to keep the doctor away and lots of other fresh goodies.

Produce Depot
8126 Wicker Avenue
St. John, Indiana
Find Produce Depot on Facebook












Comments