The Harvest Room in Munster

Just across the Illinois/Indiana border in Munster, a new little strip has been built on Calumet Avenue (not too far from Three Floyds Brewery) that has brought some new dining options to the area. One of these new restaurants is the Harvest Room. They've had a longtime location in Palos Heights that I have not visited, but have been hearing rave reviews about for many years, so I couldn't wait to try out the new location. 

I reached out to a gal, Nina, that I had only known online but who lives in the area - we had both been following each other on Instagram for a long time, had common friends, had been at some of the same artisan markets, and were in some online groups together - to see if she'd like to meet up for brunch and finally meet in real life. She hadn't been there either and we set a date. By the way, her Instagram page is @Strawberry.Road.Vintage. Check it out. She post tons of cute throwback tableware that she sells in her vintage booth at area shops and markets and her Instastories are a lot of fun.

So, on to the food. The place is really cute and the dishes are cuter and everything I could possibly love about brunch is on the menu.

I was so excited to see Scotch Eggs on the menu. Been a long time since I had them and these were pretty fantastic - you can order them as an appetizer or as the meal with a choice of potatoes. I got the mail and went for the hash browns - loved how crispy they were. 

I also got a second meal (don't judge me! I brought half of each home) and had to get the avocado toast, which is a go-to of mine for breakfast/lunch/brunch. Usually the fresh, hearty bread is something I find really necessary (it's never the same when I make it at home with a piece of basic wheat bread), but this version had a griddle english muffin and it was a departure I much enjoyed. It had a white goddess dressing with fresh mozzarella, grape tomato, pickled red onion and black salt. I could eat this every day. Nina got a panini and soup combo. Can't recall what kind it was, but it looked good and she had no complaints.


I can't wait to get back and try some other goodies off the menu - maybe the chicken & waffles next time or the biscuits and gravy or quiche or crab cake benedict or breakfast carnitas tacos or hangover sandwich. So much tasting to do, so little time....

HARVEST ROOM
9625 Calumet Ave.
Munster, IN
(219) 595-5575
harvestroomrestaurant.com








Comments