Redbird Cafe

I keep a long "Foodie Bucket List" of places that I have heard good things about or have been recommended by other foodie friends and each year I cross off a handful of them. One I've had on my list for quite some time is Redbird Cafe in Homewood.

I am a freelance contributor to a local newspaper called the Homewood-Flossmoor Chronicle and the editors invited everyone for a holiday lunch last weekend. I was happy to get together with everyone and was also excited that we would be having our luncheon at Redbird Cafe, so I'd be able to cross it off my list.

We were there on a Saturday afternoon and ordered from the brunch menu. There was an eclectic mxi of items - from breakfast tacos to vegetarian chili to ramen to a waffle sammich. The waffle sammish was my first choice, but when they told me they were out of waffles I switched to the breakfast grilled cheese. It came with eggs (which I ordered scrambled), cheddar cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, sausage and chipotle aioli and fresh greens on artisan bread. It was quite the sandwich - loaded with flavor and very filling. I paired it with a hot chocolate, with came served with a crushed peppermint rim. It looked very festive and tasted amazing.


Should you find yourself in Homewood, be sure to make a stop here. It's right across from the Metra Station - so for my city friends, it's a quick ride from Millennium Station to the Homewood stop. And it's worth the jaunt.

Redbird Cafe
2057 Ridge Rd.
Homewood, IL
(708) 914-4947
redbird-cafe.com











Comments