Monday, August 27, 2012

Simple and satisfying side dish

I'm a meat and potatoes gal. I love a good steak, piece of fish or chicken with a baked potato or some mashed spuds. But I threw together a side dish this summer that became a quick favorite and I've been making it often since then.

This batch was simply about 10 baby red potatoes (poked with a fork and cooked on high in the microwave for about 3 minutes.) Then I quartered them, tossed them with some Italian flavored olive oil, some chives and some tomato basil feta cheese. I usually throw in bacon bits, but didn't have any this time. I'm thinking some halved grape tomatoes would work well, too and maybe some olives.


1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy and yet simple. Comfort food at its finest.

    Erin - ekcantcook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete