Stir fry made by my Vietnamese friend

My sister has hosted several foreign exchange students over the years. Nala came to the U.S. a couple years ago. She spent some of the summer with the my sister and her full senior year in high school. She did so well she earned some scholarships and stayed in the U.S. to attend college. She's been visiting my sister the past couple weeks and returns to school soon to begin her sophomore year. She's a sweetheart and has become a member of our family, spending holidays with our extended family.

Last night my sister came to visit with her kids and Nala. They decided to cook dinner for us, which was a lovely treat. Nala made a stir fry and my sister made some fried rice.

I glanced over once in a while to see what she was doing. It seemed like she was chopping FOREVER! She loaded it up with vegetables. Here's what her stir fry contained:

chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper)
green peppers
okra
turnip
tomato
squash
carrots
fish sauce
a chicken soup base (from China - I had never seen i before)
sesame seeds
and garnished with cucumber and cilantro





And all that equalled this:



And here's the fried rice my sister made:
Jasmine rice (from Thialand)
canola oil
egg
chives
carrots
soy sauce (She said he usually uses oyster sauce)



Comments