Sweeney's Seafood: Centerville, Ohio

This past fall I took a road trip with my Aunt Marilyn. She wanted to introduce me to some relatives I hadn't met and we had such a nice time. We went through four states and I met several 2nd, 3rd and 4th cousins. 

Our first leg on the trip was in Ohio. We visited her first cousin, Carol, in Dayton. She happened to be celebrating a birthday - her 84th - while we were there, so we went out to dinner with her kids.  We drove about an hour to get to a place called Sweeney's. Carol's request was to have shrimp and according to her son, this was the place to go for seafood. It's in the town of Centerville, which has a charming historic district. 

Sweeney's lived up to the description. I had scallops and salmon, which were quite delicious and tried a little of the gouda creme brûlée, which was an appetizer on the specials menu. 

The place had a fun nautical decor and several fish tanks and it was a lovely place to celebrate a birthday.






Sweeney's Seafood
28 West Franklin St.
Centerville, Ohio
(937) 291-3474
sweeneysseafood.com














Comments