Waterfront Warehouse

On our recent visit to Kenosha, we packed in visits to six restaurants (and made a brewery stop, museum stop, lakefront stop for pictures and outlet mall stop) in a two-day trip. A lot of eating was done. Unfortunately, not a lot of walking was done to burn those calories because the temperature was in single digits with probably a foot or more of snow on the ground and more falling during much of our visit. But, that didn't stop us from enjoying a lot of good food and eating way too many calories.


One of our meal stops was at Waterfront Warehouse on day 1 for lunch.

We were looking forward to a casual bite and a beer and we definitely went to the right place. With a sizable beer list, I found a favorite - Hofbrau Hefeweizen on tap and hubby spotted one of his top picks - the Founder's Oatmeal Breakfast Stout. Next we had to pick the food. 

My favorite Wisconsin appetizer was on the menu and there was no way I was passing it up. I ordered the fried cheese curds with some honey mustard dipping sauce.


For the meal, we decided we would split an entree and got the Wisconsin's Own Merkts Cheese & Bacon Burger...because you can never have enough cheese when you are in Wisconsin. It was served on a brioche bun and that cheese was so rich I don't think I could have eaten more than half of it even if I tried. It was a good serving by splitting it with hubby. Instead of regular fries, I couldn't get my mind off of the Greek fries, so I ordered them. 


They were covered with tzaziki sauce, feta cheese, kalamata olives, olive oil and oregano. It was a big serving and can definitely feed two. Tzatziki sauce was so refreshing and went so well with those crispy waffle fries. Gosh I wish it was closer to me so I could easily order this again - but I'll just have to make my way up to Milwaukee to have it once more.

Waterfront Warehouse is one of the participating restaurants for the upcoming Kenosha Restaurant Week running February 2 - 10. Do like we did and plan an overnighter to hit a handful of eateries. Kenosha has an awesome food scene and this place is just one of many where you'll enjoy a memorable meal. For more info, visit eatatww.com.







**Our visit was hosted by the Kenosha Area CVB. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.



Comments