Guiseppe's in Schererville, Indiana

My husband's favorite pizza place in town for years was Guiseppe's. It was located in a 100+ year old corner building on Torrence Avenue and there was always such a good aroma coming from the place as you'd walk by. I remember the owner's mom was always running around the kitchen and they told me that she made all the Italian ices that were served for dessert.

We were so sad when Guiseppe's packed up and left town a couple years ago, but we learned that they re-opened not too far away. They are now in Schererville just off Indianapolis Blvd and close to the Showplace movie theaters. My husband stopped for pizza after a recent visit to the movies with the boys.

I always loved the spices they'd put on top of their pizzas and it didn't seem to have as much seasoning as I remembered, but it was still an excellent pizza. He also picked up a deep-dish pizza for the kids. I was too stuffed to have a piece, but it looked pretty amazing.



Comments