DeBrand Fine Chocolates

As I made a short trip late last month to Fort Wayne, there was one stop I knew I had to make. I'd been there before and no foodie should exit the city without paying De Brand Find Chocolates a visit.  

These are THE best in gourmet truffles and caramels and other treats. There are chocolates. And then there are premium, super high-quality bites of perfection. De Brand falls into the latter category for sure. Believe me, if you want to pamper someone or show your appreciation, a box of chocolates from De Brand will go a long, long way. Their chocolates are favorites of many celebrities, including Demi Lovato, Jane Seymour, Molly Ringwald, George Lopez, LaToya Jackson, Colbie Calliat and others.

Started in 1987 by Cathy Brand, the company has grown to four retail shops in Fort Wayne, one in Indianapolis and a mail order department that ships all over the world.

I stopped in the downtown retail shop on Harrison. While I was there I discovered that you can do tours of their headquarters for just $5. You can see the artisan chocolates being made and do some sampling. Unfortunately the timing didn't work on this visit, but next time we're in the area, I would definitely love to do the tour. It's something that would be great to do with kids, too, and I know it would be an activity my teenager would not object to.


I tried a caramel and a salted peanut butter, got some chocolates from the classic collection to take home and purchased a massive chocolate and caramel covered apple that I cut into pieces when I got home and shared with all the kids.

For more info on the company and products, visit debrand.com.






Comments