- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup Lifeway Lowfat Kefir, plain
- 4 Tbs finely ground toasted almonds, plus more for rolling
- 2 Tbs unsalted almond butter
- 2 Tbs raw agave nectar
- 1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for rolling
- 1 pinch sea salt
1. Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, then remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a food processor, blend together the kefir, ground almonds, almond butter, agave nectar, cocoa powder and salt. Add the melted chocolate and blend that in, too.
3. Transfer the mixture into a shallow, sealable container and refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours).
4. Prepare your rolling ingredients - I like to roll my truffles in more ground almonds, but you could roll them in cocoa powder, too. Place your rolling ingredients in separate, small bowls.
5. Use a measuring spoon to scoop some truffle mixture - I use 1 or 1 & 1/2 tsp to make nice, bite-sized truffles. Gently roll the mixture between your palms to form a ball, then roll in your almonds, cocoa powder, or whatever you're using.
6. Refrigerate in a single layer in a sealable container, and remove from the fridge for about a half hour prior to serving.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Nonfat Plain Kefir
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Beat sugars, margarine & shortening until light & fluffy.
- Add Lifeway Nonfat Plain Kefir & vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt & chips.
- Drop on sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 -12 min.
- Cool 1 minute on sheet & then remove to racks.
Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Smoothie
- 1 bottle Black Cherry Heart Health BioKefir
- 1 cup frozen black cherries
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon macadamia nut cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Reserve 1 cherry, 1 tablespoon macadamia nut cream, and chocolate chips and blend remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving glass and top with cream, chocolate and cherry.
Macadamia Nut Cream (for Smoothie)
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup water
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Completely cover nuts with water in a bowl and soak overnight.
- Drain and transfer to a blender. Add 3Ž4 cup water and remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within a few days.