Avocado and cucumber salsa

I guess it's the desire to escape from this horribly frigid and snowy Chicago winter that has been making batch after batch of salsa. As of today this has been the 4th snowiest winter on record in Chicago. I haven't even looked at the records for lowest temps, but I know we've set at least one record. As I am typing this up I am wrapped in a snuggie at the computer and I rarely bundle up like this. It was -6 when I took the kids to school today. The warmest is was as I ran back and forth in the afternoon was 0. Tonight I went to pick up my son and it was back down to -5. I'm just so done with it. But, I'm hearing there's more snow headed our way. I think I'll stay balled up in the corner with a bowl of this salsa pretending I am somewhere tropical. :)

Anyway, back to the salsa. This batch was heavy on the cucumber and avocado and lighter on the tomato than a usual batch. Here's what was in it:

1 cucumber, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 roma tomato, diced
1 stalk green onion, sliced
1 bunch of cilantro
1 tbsp olive oil
Garlic salt to taste
Juice from half of a lime

Add all ingredients into bowl and mix. I served with organic tortilla chips from Produce Depot that have a hint of lime. What a great snack it was. It warms me up just a little inside when it is so cold outside.





Comments