Homemade pizza

A common dinner meal in our house is pizza. Not delivery. Not frozen. I don't make my own crust, but use a variety of different items for the crust and use a variety of toppings. Sometimes I buy a pre-made crust. Sometimes I use tortillas. Sometimes I use pita bread. Or English muffins. Or flatbread. Or French bread. Or portabello mushroom caps.

When it comes to toppings, Pastorelli sauce is my favorite. Johnsonville Italian sausage is my favorite topping. I love loading on veggies, like mushrooms, spinach, onion, green pepper, artichoke. A bit of fresh basil on top or some garlic is a great finisher. Here are some pizzas I made for the family recently:

Store-bought crust, sauce, mushroom, onion, spinach, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, fresh basil.



Flour tortilla, Italian sausage, Mexican cheese blend, fresh basil.


French bread, mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage, fresh basil.

Store-bought crust, mozzarella cheese, yellow bell pepper, pepperoni, Italian seasoning.

What do you like on your pizza?

Comments