Green bean almondine

One of my favorite side dishes is fresh green beans. Years ago I abandoned the canned variety in favor of frozen, but it's always best when you can get fresh. The absolute best are when we've grown them in our garden! But, it will be a while before that will happen.

1 lb. fresh green beans with ends snapped
water
1 tsp butter
garlic salt
pepper
1/4 cup sliced almonds


I like to steam my beans in the microwave, so I do that first. Once that's done, add butter, garlic salt and pepper and toss. Add sliced almonds to the top. That's it! I know there are other methods. I have sometimes sautéed garlic and onion with bacon bits and add the green beans to it and that adds wonderful flavor, too. This is the super quicky version. From start to finish you can have it on the table in like 7 minutes. :)

Comments