Fish tacos

I've had fish tacos a few times at restaurants and I decided I would make some at home. I really have liked them, but felt a little guilty that the fish was thickly coated with batter and fried. I thought it might be just as good with some flaky baked fish. So, I pulled out some tilapia, sprinkled it with Old Bay seasoning and baked it. And for dinner i laid out a taco bar buffet. Here's what we had going clockwise from the top left:

Homemade pork tamales from my friend Gloria. She and her daughter made a big batch at Christmas and last time I stopped to see her, she pulled some out of the freezer and sent them home with me. Am I lucky or what?

Baked tilapia

Mild salsa

Chili

Mexican cheese blend

Green and red leaf lettuces

Mexican rice

Corn blend with peppers and black beans that I get from Market Day

And in the center is some pulled pork I made in the crock pot

I served it all up on soft flour tortillas and hard corn shells




Comments