Refreshing salsa


Sometimes salsa can be quite soupy and extremely spicy. I like mine fresh and chunky and mild - and to me, that is very refreshing. I make a batch of salsa almost daily during the late summer when we can't keep up with picking all the ripening tomatoes in our garden. Not so often in the winter, but it's a a tasty throwback to warmer days!

8 salsa tomatoes
1/2 avocado
1 mini cucumber
1/4 vidalia onion
1/2 yellow pepper
1 banana pepper
cilanto
juice from one lime
about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt

Diced all the veggies, squeezed the lime, added the oil, sprinkled the garlic salt, chopped the cilantro. Threw it all in a bowl and stirred!

The best batch I made last summer was served with homemade tortilla chips I picked up at the European Market in Chesterton.





Comments