Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I love Brussels sprouts. Until the past couple years, I had only bought them frozen. Then last summer, we grew them in the garden and it was so nice to have fresh ones. Last week I picked up some fresh ones to make after seeing a few pictures pop up in my feed of roasted Brussels sprouts. These ones are not truly roasted ones that are made in the oven. I made mine on the stove top, so technically I guess they'd be sautéed Brussels sprouts. I don't know. I guess roasted just sounds better to me - so lets' just go with it shall we? :)

1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
Freshly ground sea salt and pepper

Cut ends off the sprouts and half them. Heat a skillet with olive oil. Add garlic and sprouts. Cover and cook on medium until sprouts soften. Increase heat and toss to brown them all around. Add salt and pepper. Easy peasy! :) Makes a nice side dish - or could become a big skillet meal of you wanted to add in some bacon or ham or sausage with some rice and additional veggies.



Comments