Takito Kitchen

A few months ago, our newest blogger, our niece Kelly and I attended an event for TCHO chocolates hosted by Takito Kitchen in Chicago. We sampled some great TCHO chocolates and sampled some delicious bites served up by the Takito chefs utilizing TCHO. It was a delicious event. I was impressed by the creativity in incorporating the chocolate into several recipes. I was especially fond of the cocoa tortillas that were used for mini pork tacos, a flavor combo I wouldn't immediately think would work especially well, but it definitely did.

Takito was a fun venue for the event and a place I'd love to return to for a casual dinner. I looked over the regular menu. Some of the unique items include a Tomato Hibiscus Ghost Pepper Salsa, Avocado Pine Nut Puree and a Suzuki Bass Ceviche. Among the taco options are lamb chorizo, crispy redfish and grilled Brunkow cheese.

Takito also serves brunch Friday through Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. with such dishes as Spanish Ham and Eggs, Pork Belly Sope, and Polenta, Veggies and Eggs. And I can just imagine finishing off a meal with the Mexican Chocolate Ganache with coffee creme, brandied cherries and almond masa crisp would be a heavenly finish!

The cocktail menu is quite extensive and I can say that the margaritas are top notch, for sure. Here's a little peek at what we tried at the TCHO event. Next time you're in the mood for Mexican fare, think about visiting Takito Kitchen.

Takito Kitchen
2013 W. Division
Chicago
773-687-9620
www.takitokitchen.com











Comments