The Brat Stop, Kenosha, Wisconsin

On a recent trip to Wisconsin, I made sure we squeezed in a stop for dinner at a great spot we've been visiting for years - The Brat Stop. Usually, we pop into the gift shop for some cheese and other goodies. This time, we needed a meal before heading home and I figured the Brat Stop was a good place to have one. It happened to be Super Bowl Sunday, so my husband and the boys and I enjoyed watching the commercials and half-time show. We're not big football fans and I admit I wasn't too into the game. It wasn't until a day or two before the game that I even knew who was playing. And it didn't take too long watching to figure out the Seahawks would take it. Anyway…on to the food:

Who can pass up fried cheese curds in Wisconsin? Not I.



I got the "Brat of the Week." It happened to be a brat with cheese in it and on it. Yeah, a million calories, I know. I don't eat like this very often. I had a side of sauerkraut and German potato salad.

My son had a garlic brat with fries. I could smell the garlic from a chair away.

Another son got the traditional brat with fries and kraut.

One of the younger boys got a cheeseburger kids meal.

And hubby got barbecue chicken wings. On Sundays it is 60 cents each for wings.

The brat stop has a slew of events and entertainment. You can find more information on their website - bratstop.com. If you're passing along on I-94 through southern Wisconsin, this place really is a must stop. If you're not a big sausage and beer eater, there are plenty of other options on the menu. But the fried cheese curds? Passing them up would be sin!



Comments